The new €250m Covid-19 Restart Grant provides direct grant aid to micro and small businesses to help with the costs associated with reopening and re-employing workers following COVID-19 closures.
To avail of the Restart Grant, applicants must be a commercial business and be in DLRs Commercial Rates Payment System and:
- have an annual turnover of less than €5m and employ between 1 to 50 people;
- have suffered a projected 25%+ loss in turnover to end June 2020;
- commit to remain open or to reopen if it was closed;
- declare the intention to retain employees that are on The Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme and re-employ staff on the Pandemic Unemployment Payment as business recovers.
The grant will be equivalent to the rates bill of the business in 2019, or a minimum payment of €2,000, whichever is the higher, and will be subject to a maximum payment of €10,000.
There are some good collateral to share on the scheme as follows
- Video on the scheme is on Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5htei8MUbfg&t=10s
- A live webinar on the scheme last week and that can be watched back at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVQ5wJccyTc&feature=emb_title