The Repair and Lease Scheme aims to bring vacant properties back into use to provide much needed social housing. Properties must be vacant for at least 12 months and be located within the Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown administrative area. An interest free loan of up to €40,000 is available to property owners to assist with the cost of bringing properties up to private rented standards.
In assessing the suitability of proposals the council will look at the demand for social housing in the area and the current housing mix in the area as part of the objective of sustainable communities.
If you are the owner of a vacant property and are considering leasing your property to the council contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Members of the public can register vacant homes in their area on www.vacanthomes.ie
Key features of the Repair and Lease Scheme are:
- Leasing terms from 5 years to 20 years are available
- 80/85% market rents are available under longer term leases of 10 years and over. Up to 95% market rents are available for shorter RAS Availability Ageement terms of 5 – 10 years.
- Property owners can choose either to act as landlords and be responsible for the maintenance of their property under RAS Availability Ageements or hand responsibility for the tenant and the day-to-day maintenance of the property over to the Council under longer term leases of 10 – 20 years.
- Tenants are allocated from the social housing waiting list.
- The loan repayments are deducted from the leasing payments
- Guaranteed rental payments.